To Symposium Participants:
The purpose of this memo is to inform you about the logistics for the Law and Contemporary Problems Child Custody Symposium. The underlined items ask something from you.
- If you are flying in to RDU Airport, you should plan on taking a cab to your hotel. Most of you are staying at the Washington Duke Inn on the Duke campus, at the intersection of Science Drive and Cameron Blvd/NC 751. Bruce and Bob are staying at the Thomas Center at Fuqua School of Business, on Science Drive. Any cab driver should know either of these places. If your travel is delayed and you decide to take a cab right to the restaurant, please email me to let me know.
- For dinner Thursday evening, a hotel van will be meeting you at the front door of the hotel at 6:15 pm. Except for Bruce and Bob: I will pick them up at the Thomas Center at 6:15.
- Friday morning, it is a 10 minute walk (5 minutes if you coming from the Thomas Center) from the hotel straight down Science Drive to the Law School. The first building you get to on the left is Fuqua; the next building is Law. If the weather is inclement, we will have a shuttle service. If you need a ride (even if the weather is nice), please let me know and I will arrange one.
- For those driving themselves to the symposium, you will be sent parking passes for the back lot. Please let me know (in time for mailing) to what address you would like these mailed.
- Please let us know your travel arrangements—coming and going—so that we will know if you are going to be late, and so that, if possible, we can coordinate departure cabs.
- The conference schedule is now posted on the symposium website, along with conference papers as we receive them. If you haven’t yet sent your paper, please do so as soon as possible, so that others will have time to read the paper. You should send directly to Jennifer Carpenter,email@example.com. Also, if your paper is not yet in, please let you commenter know when you’ll have it to him/her.
- Again, the symposium website is at https://lcp.law.duke.edu/symposium-on-child-custody-decisionmaking/. Username: lcp; Password: custodyconf
- Please let me, Buffie, or Gladys know if you have any questions. We are thrilled to have such a wonderful group of headliners coming together for this event, and look forward to seeing you there.
Contact: Gladys.Bethea@law.duke.edu, 919-613-8585; firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-613-8515 (wk); 919-819-9610 (cell); email@example.com, 212-854-9758 (wk), 347-853-1922 (cell); Jennifer Carpenter, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-613-8505.